It’s always lovely to share a good meal with friends, and we’re not about to give ourselves too hard a time for overdoing it from time to time – after all, we deserve it, as long as it doesn’t happen too often! However, after eating too much, we can sometimes feel unwell both physically and mentally, because it must be admitted that while we’re happy to be eating delicious things in the moment, we can quickly come to regret it when we need to roll ourselves into bed! In fact, we can end up feeling heavy and miserable. To help with digestion, today we have four stretches for you that should help you to quickly feel better.
1) Lie on your back and bend your knees at a 90° angle. Spread your arms out wide.
2) Turn your pelvis in one direction while looking in the opposite direction, and hold the position for 30 seconds.
3) Next, change sides, and hold for another 30 seconds.
1) Lie on your back and bring your knees up to your chest.
2) Make gentle left to right movements with your knees.
3) Then rotate your knees in one direction and then the other for 30 seconds.
1) Sit on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you.
2) Bend your left leg and place your right arm in front of it (between your knee and your chest). Turn your body towards the right, looking in that direction.
3) Hold the position for 30 seconds and change sides.
1) Lie on your back.
2) Raise your chest, resting on your elbows, and relax your head back. Hold the position for 30 seconds.
3) Next kneel up and sit back on your heels. You can use cushions if needed to make you more comfortable.
4) Put your hands on the floor with your head tilted backwards. Gently push your chest forward and hold the position for 30 seconds.