We use potatoes galore in the kitchen for both hot and cold dishes, but it rarely occurs to us to use them in other ways. However, we recently shared a surprisingly effective tip with you for using them to clean your frying pans, but that is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of what can be done with this simple ingredient. Today’s ideas involve putting potatoes to good use to obtain brighter, more beautiful skin, taking advantage of their richness in carbohydrates, vitamin C and vegetable starch. Here are 5 ways to use potatoes in your beauty routine!
1) Reduce dark circles
You may already have tried this tip using a cucumber… It is simply a matter of using an ingredient that is rich in vitamin C, and which is suitable for the sensitivity of this delicate area. But raw potatoes are also excellent in this regard, in order to improve circulation and reduce dilation of the minuscule blood vessels concentrated around the eyes.
What you need:
- 2 slices of potato, measuring just over one centimeter thick
- 2 tissues
- A mortar
1) Peel the potato and cut your two slices.
2) Reduce them to a puree using the mortar.
3) Divide the paste in two and place one half on each of the two tissues.
4) Apply the puree to your dark circles and leave it to work for 15 to 20 minutes.
2) For age spots and sun spots
What you need:
- 1 small peeled potato
- 1 cucumber
- 10 mls of apple cider vinegar
1) Grate the potato and the cucumber.
2) Mix them in a container and add the apple cider vinegar, stirring it in well.
3) Apply this mask to your face with cotton wool.
4) Leave it to work for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse it off with hot water.