Windows can quickly end up in an embarrassingly filthy condition. It must be admitted that the elements are not always on our side, and that pollution also does its bit to contribute to the dirt. If on top of all this, you leave finger marks, or your pet scratches at the windows, the windows become less transparent and spattered with various marks and stains. You can absolutely buy a product in the shops, but to save money and avoid toxic products, it is possible to make your own. Not all mixtures work well however, and we recommend that you try this one, which is truly effective and doesn’t leave any streaks. In short, this home made window cleaner is a cut above the rest, and it can also be used for mirrors, glass objects in general, stainless steel and even plastic.
What you need:
- 50 mls of white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 50 mls of 90% alcohol
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (the secret ingredient for fighting streaks)
- 400 mls of water
- A spray container
- Optional: 8 to 10 drops of the essential oil of your choice
1) The preparation is simple: start by pouring all of the ingredients into the spray flask.
2) Close the flask and shake it vigorously. You product is ready to use!
3) You simply need to spray it onto the window and wipe it off with a cloth, or even better, a sheet of newspaper.