Shaving is still one of the fastest means of getting rid of body hair in record time. Sometimes, we are in such a rush that we simply use soap, or even just water – the kamikaze approach to hair removal! However, such techniques are not ideal, as they irritate the skin (which could well do without further irritation) and lead to ingrown hairs and little nicks. Furthermore, with hot limey water that dries the skin out even further, this ‘beautifying’ process that is supposed to leave us with soft, smooth skin, quickly turns into a nightmare.
This is why we are proposing this cream today, which is gentle on the skin, so you’ll never again resort to a soap and water solution. This mixture is so hydrating, soothing and nourishing that your skin will feel cocooned and pampered, and it is also very gentle. Finally, a few drops of tea tree and lavender essential oils top it all off, preventing ingrown hairs and irritation.
What you need:
- 110 g of coconut oil (in solid form)
- 85 g of raw honey
- 60 ml of Castille liquid soap (for example Dr. Bronners)
- 20 g of aloe vera gel
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- An electric mixer
- A plastic container
1) Beat the solid coconut oil in a mixer until it takes on a smoother, airier texture.
2) Add the other ingredients and blend on low power.
3) When all the ingredients are well incorporated into the mixture, all that is left is to put it into a jar, and that’s all!