We are never done reminding you how important it is to do regular body scrubs, as this removes the dead skin cells that can make your skin appear dull, at the same time as promoting cell regeneration. However, when your skin is so sensitive that it ends up red and irritated with the slightest contact, it’s understandable that you would give body scrubs a miss.
In fact, scrubbing can be harsh on your skin, and many commercial products are chock full of sulphates and aggressive ingredients (even affecting people with normal skin). Furthermore, we can often think that we need to scrub hard in order for it to work. However, a gentle scrub like we are proposing here works wonders without damaging the skin. It’s everything that sensitive skin needs.
What you need:
- 100 g of ground raw almonds
- 3 chamomile teabags
- 15 drops of lavender essential oil (or less if you have extremely sensitive skin or react badly to it)
- 100 mls of water
1) Heat the water and infuse the teabags in it. Once the water comes to the boil, take it off the heat and leave it to stand for 10 minutes.
2) Add the essential oil.
3) Add the ground almonds and mix it with your hands. Your scrub should have a solid, moist texture. You can add a little water if needed.
4) Take a pea sized amount of this product and massage it gently into damp skin. Work it well into the T zone (forehead, nose and chin).
5) Rinse and hydrate your skin as normal.
The scrub will keep in the fridge and can be used on the face and body. Using it once every week or every two weeks is enough.