In 2012, there were 14 million new cases of cancer in the world and 8,2 million deaths associated with this illness. However sometimes we forget a third of these cancers can be avoided by simple adoption of healthy habits.
According to the figures of the World heath organization nearly a third of major forms of cancer can be avoided. Ahead of the multiplication of cases and forms of cancer occurring over the last few years, there are numerous tips on healthy habits to adopt, the best way to prevent cancers etc…. Difficult to know what is best to do.
In order for us to see more clearly, the World Cancer Research Fund International gives us a list of simple habits to adopt, and which can help us ro significantly reduce the risk of contracting this awful illness. Here they are:
- Maintain a healthy weight : control your body mass index, ideally situated between 20 and 25.
- Be more active : practice a physical activity, even moderate (walking) for at least 30 minutes per day.
- Reduce your consumption of fat and sugar
- Reduce your consumption of red meat
- Reduce your consumption of alcohol
- Eat less salt
- For mothers, rather breastfeed:this reduces the risk of certain cancers.
- Don’t smoke : it is possible to be helped when reducing or stopping cigarette.
- Limit your consumption of canned food: the risks are high with col rectal cancer.
- Control your sun exposure : This does not only apply to children.
Source : wcrf