Of course, not everyone is experiencing snow at the moment, but we’re not out of the woods yet in terms of cold weather, and snow and ice could hit at any time. To make sure you’re prepared in advance, we are proposing a recipe for a home made de-icer (without salt or any other products which could damage the concrete or pollute the soil). You can use it on steps or footpaths outside your home.
What you need:
- A litre of lukewarm water
- 2 drops of washing up liquid
- 30 mls of rubbing alcohol or isopropylic alcohol, which will prevent the ice from re-forming afterwards
- A clean empty container
1) Mix all of the ingredients in the empty container.
2) Pour the mixture over the areas you want to de-ice.
3) Wait just a few minutes, and watch the ice melt.