In Winter, the skin on the face is exposed to the cold and the weather conditions can often be so harsh and dry that those with sensitive skin really suffer. The epidermis can become red, chapped and even painful. To put an end to this irritation, here we have a comforting natural balm that you can apply to the sensitive area. Due to its solid texture you can put it in empty lip balm tubes and bring it everywhere with you (to work, in your handbag, etc.) or keep it in a pot.
What you need:
- 50 g unrefined coconut oil
- 60 ml virgin olive oil
- 30 g beeswax pellets
- 20 drops of pure lavender essential oil
- A pot and/or empty lip balm tubes
1) Gently melt the beeswax pellets, the coconut oil and the olive oil in a bain-marie, stirring it frequently. This takes around fifteen minutes.
2) When it is all melted, add the drops of essential oil and stir it again.
3) Pour the mixture into your pots and tubes. A pipette or a dropper could be a great help for transferring the mixture to your containers.
Leave it to cool and dry.