If you clicked, it is either because you sleep with a snorer or because YOU snore (and maybe because you deal with sore throat and headache in the morning). Well I feel your pain because it is frustrating not to get the sleep you need and deserve after a long day or to feel bad in the morning. Finding remedies benefits both partners because sleeping well is really important. Here is a natural remedy along with getting the habit of doing certain things to reduce the problem quickly and naturally.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- A piece of fresh ginger
- 2 apples
- 2 carrots
Step by step :
1) Mix all the ingredients together to get a nice juice.
2) Drink this mixture a few hours before going to sleep.
This juice helps your body to get rid of mucus excesses in your throat and in your nose. It reduces snorring because one of its causes is airway obstruction. What is more, it is absolutely excellent for your immune system.
Make healthier lifestyle choices
- Don’t eat to much in the evening and avoid late meals.
- Sleep enough and have a regular sleep pattern.
- Don’t sleep on your back, sleep on your side while propping up your head slightly with a pillow. When you sleep on your back, your tongue and soft palate rest against the back of your throat which blocks airways. You can attach a tennis ball onto the back of your pajama top with tape, or a sewn strip of cloth.
- Use a humidifier to increase humidity in your bedroom to keep these airways moisturized and breathe easier. And of course, don’t forget to drink plenty of water.
- If you don’t want to buy a humidifier, take a hot shower or use a saline nasal spray before bed. You can even put a few branches of eucalyptus in the shower to soothe your inflamed airways.
- Don’t smoke.
- Exercise to strengthen your respiratory muscles.
- Lose weight if you are overweight. Sometimes losing 10 percent of your body weight can help by easing constriction of the upper airway.