A good moist brioche cake which is perfect for tea time is somewhat less appetizing when one finds it several days later having dried and gone stale. However one can make use of it even though it has gone past its sell by date! Use this simple little recipe which requires just a few basic ingredients.
For half a stale brioche cake (about 200 grams) :
75 grams of sugar
Milk and/ or white yoghurt
What to do?
1. In a baking pan, cut up the dried brioche into small pieces.
2. In a container mix a bit of milk, sugar and eggs.
3. Pour it over the brioche cake
4. You can then add more milk or white yoghurt until you obtain the consistency that you prefer.
5. In order to make more of a delicacy out of the cake, add pieces of chocolate, fruit or raisins.
6. Bake in the oven at 180°C
Perhaps you will end up by prefering the brioche cake in this slightly more amusing form….