Taking good care of your plants isn’t always easy! Whether you are completely clueless or blessed with green fingers, there is always a time when a few of your plants lose their lustre. They can take on a jaded appearance, making us wonder if they will last until next season, and we don’t always know how to give them a boost. To give your indoor plants back their vigour, there is a cheap and easy solution hiding in your kitchen presses: olive oil!
What you need:
- Olive oil
1) Add two tablespoons of olive oil to the soil every week.
2) You can mix the oil into the soil a little.
This tip will help the soil to hold in its humidity, meaning you won’t need to drown the plant in water.
Three bonus tips:
- To clean your plant, mix some water with a few drops of olive oil. Soak a cloth in this mixture and use it to gently wipe the leaves.
- Mix a little olive oil and clay to create a paste. Apply it to plant after having trimmed or cut it to promote repair.
- Olive oil is also an environmentally friendly way of keeping pests away. Details in full here.