Toxins can build up and when the levels become high, they can end up manifesting as various ailments, such as bloating, weight gain, irritated skin with dermatological problems, headaches, fatigue, insomnia, disruption in the menstrual cycle, irritability or even depression. And although we definitely don’t want them in our bodies, they are difficult to avoid, because they are in the air we breathe, in the chemicals we absorb, in the tobacco we smoke and in the alcohol we drink. And of course, poor sleep or being under stress doesn’t help.
To avoid a buildup of excess toxins which could harm our organs (intestines, liver, etc.) and cause a build up of fat as well as the other problems mentioned above, it can help to follow these recommendations:
- Drink enough water. This will help eliminate toxins.
- Eat healthily. A healthy and varied diet is crucial. We need to avoid too much sugar, fat and salt as well as processed foods and fast food.
- Exercise (for 30 minutes a day if possible), because the body eliminates toxins via sweat.
- Eat detox foods (which are rich in antioxidants and good for detoxing the body): garlic, beetroot, cinnamon, celery, coriander, ginger, grapefruit, lemon, mint, parsley, pepper, etc.
The body knows how to cleanse itself, but to help it to evacuate toxins more easily and more rapidly, try out this remedy.
- 1 beetroot
- The juice of one lemon
- The juice of 2 oranges
- 1 piece of celery (6 cm long)
- A dessertspoon of chlorella powder
1) Chop the beetroot into small pieces and put them in a blender.
2) Next add the lemon juice, the orange juice, the celery and the chlorella powder.
3) Blend the ingredients together until you get a smooth texture.
4) Strain any bits that haven’t fully blended if necessary.
5) Drink this mixture every morning on an empty stomach, before your breakfast. It is recommended that you do so for two weeks to best purify the body.