The chakra is a Sanskrit term which highlights the main energy points in the body. They are all situated alonside the spine and are linked to a part of the body which has an aspect of the comportment in particular.
The seven chakras are the following :
- The root chakra is situated near the perineum. It concerns survival.
- The sacred chakra is situated below the belly button. It concerns physical health and sexuality.
- The solar plexus chakra is situated above the belly button, it concerns willingness and emotions.
- The heart chakra is situated in the centre of the chest, on the left side where you feel a little bump under the pressure of your fingers. It concerns love.
- The throat chakra is situated in the hollow of the throat. It concerns communication.
- The third eye chakra is situated between the eyebrows. It concerns intuition.
- The crown chakra is situated at the fontanel of the head, it concerns the spiritual.
You can stimulate a chakra by massaging it. All you need to do is close your eyes, visualize your chakra and massage the part of your body which corresponds to it in a clockwise direction. You will activate or calm what could have been the cause of your emotional or behavioural imbalances.